Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My 2 year old painted herself with fingernail polish. Can anyone tell me what to use?

other than fingernail polish remover to get it off? Since its one hers legs I dont want it to irritate her. Thanks.My 2 year old painted herself with fingernail polish. Can anyone tell me what to use?
Be glad it wasn't the carpet... Now *that* was difficult to clean!





Warm, soapy bath and some old-fashioned (gentle) scrubbing is what I've done in the past.





The olive oil approach sounds helpful, too. I may try that next time. :)





My oldest is in her teen years now and despite my attempts at vigilance, we still have an occasional nail polish incident when the little ones find her stash, or she leaves one out soemwhere. :(My 2 year old painted herself with fingernail polish. Can anyone tell me what to use?
Time.
try some rubbing alcohol. Or a nice long bath. With a good srubbing to get it off. If your not wanting to use nail polish remover. The nail polish remover shouldn't irritate her legs. But if you are worried about that stick her in a bath afterwards. That will get the chemicals off.
My little madam did that 2..she was a very fetching shade of pink!! I used nail varnish remover and made sure it was all rinsed off it didn't do her any harm ;-)
OMG... the terrible 2's...


Use some nail polish remover, then a quick warm bubble bath with lots of toys and maybe one of those 'stern mommie looks' so she knows not to do that again!
nail polish remover.
paint thinner
Bless her, they are great at that age. Stick her in the bath for an hour. That, and a wee bit of gentle scraping, should do it.
a warm bath in soapy water should loosen the polish. It should wash off her skin in a couple of days.
Paint thinner and polish remover is a no-no!! Especially on a little 2 year old!! So, just put some olive oil onto the spots and apply the oil (virgin works best) with cotton balls. Let the oil work itself into the skin..so make sure to saturate the cotton ball in it. Work in a circular motion, using clean cotton balls as the dirty ones become soiled. Virgin Olive oil will not harm skin...in fact, it used to be used as a conditioner!
put her in the bathtub and the water will soften the polish and it will come right off, let her play in the water a while
A nice LONG, WARM bath. Make it fun so she will want to stay in longer. Don't put to much soap because that will irritate her skin also. Just gently rub it with a wash cloth and soap. If there is any on the actual nail I would nail polish remover, but do it before the bath so you can wash it off once you're done.
You are not the first one with this dilemma. My daughter did the same thing. I used non-acetone fingernail polish remover and bathed her right after and put some hydracortizone cream on her when I dried her off. She had sensitive skin and this didn't seem to irritate her skin. The only other thing I can think of would be baby oil and scrub her skin, but that might hurt a bit.
nail varnish remover
I am sure its VERY cute! :D Just let her soak in the Tub with some Bubbles and I am sure after a day or two it will come right off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment