Sunday, August 1, 2010

I was born with small, ugly-shaped fingernails. Is there a permanent way of changing my fingernail shape?

I think the main problem is the skin on my fingers grow too far up and covers most of the the nail. I don't have that 'halfmoon' look, that most people have. If i soften the cuticle and pull it down i can see the halfmoon, but it's very far down under the skin. I did try cutting the skin back once but it wasn't a good idea and left my fingers very sore. Even then, i still couldn't cut it down to the halfmoon. I don't want fake nails, besides my natural nails are probably are too small for the fake ones to fix onto. What can i do? I am so self-conscious of them. I just want normal looking nails!I was born with small, ugly-shaped fingernails. Is there a permanent way of changing my fingernail shape?
Unfortunatly, there is no way to permanently change the way your nails are shaped. What you can do is let them grow out and shape them the way you would like with a nail file and maybe keep your nails painted so that you don't feel so self-consious. Biweekly manicures at a salon or nail place can easily take care of the cuticle that is growing over your nailplate and covering the lanula (or ';halfmoon';).





Good luck =)I was born with small, ugly-shaped fingernails. Is there a permanent way of changing my fingernail shape?
All my nails have just dissapeared in the last three months through hard work and not protecting them or its lack of vitimins, however even though the tiny nail that is left is hurting i still stick false ones on and cut them down so at least i dont feel discusted when i look at them. and i hope you told the first girl who replied to --off and she wants to get of her **** from her pc and go and help the hungry, if its that easy, people like her have no idea we all feel for them but how can we help them the goverment wont even let us. so dont feel bad about your problems, there the only one,s you can try to sort out. good luck, hope you get the nails you want some day.
Be happy that you were born with ten fingers!
If you go to a salon and get acrylics they will probably manicure your cuticles first, there is a specific salon tool they use for it instead of trimming them, which can lead to an infection. The french manicure style would give you the look you want. and having acrylics keeps your cuticles from getting damaged. Otherwise just learn to live with them.
i have the same problem, go for lighter shades, preferably pearlescent ones





NEVER paint down the sides of the nails, leave a little gap, that can make your nails appear narrower and longer. i do this and it actually works.


because your nail are like this, it is absolutely crucial to get it right because its more noticable on shorter nails.





and remember, you dont NEED long nails, shorter nails are in now
Your natural nails are never too small to get fake nails...if you go to a professional. And it won't look fake either, just don't make it too long and too thick and don't get unnatural colors.


Or you could try finding a doctor to give you advice.








(And yes, if this is your only problem you are way too lucky, girl :))))
did you ever try pushing your cuticles back a little, I do it all the time before I polish my nails.... it makes them appear a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment