Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Whats's the best way to get rid of baby's fingernail scratches on her neck?

My baby has scratched her neck pretty bad and it looks more like a rash then a rash then a scratch, but there are a few broken blood vessels. Whats the best rememdy to cut down on the redness of it?Whats's the best way to get rid of baby's fingernail scratches on her neck?
My daughter's pediatrician told me to put Aquaphor on any dry or rashy areas that she may have, whether it be on the face or anywhere else. It is expensive but for my baby, it worked.Whats's the best way to get rid of baby's fingernail scratches on her neck?
I would consult your babies pediatrician before applying anything to the rashes/scratches, just to make sure.





But you could use aquaphor





To prevent this (cause my son used to be a forehead scratcher when he was a baby, especially when he got really tired and cranky), every other day or so, clip your baby's nails. or use those mittens. I used the mittens on my son for about a month or two. but i was clipping his nails about every two days (his grew really fast lol)
Cut your child's nails. Other than that it is just going to take time. Make sure when you bath your child you dry his/her neck very well and put a little bit of baby powder on it. If it is a rash you want to keep it as clean as possible.
Broken blood vessels?





Usually when my daughter scratches her face we don't put anything in it and it goes away on its own within 1-2 days.





Broken blood vessels sounds pretty serious...
Keep the nails cut and you won't have this problem.
just put a topical antibiotic ointment such as neosporion it and let it heal on it's own. Don't pick at it or anything.





Good Luck %26amp; God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment