Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is there a home remedy for a hurt fingernail?

I bite my nails :( I want to quit but anyway sometimes I bite em real short and they bleed and the pain is excruciating and takes a while to go away. Going on two days for this hurt one.I'm in eighth grade and it hurts to write or do anything with my fingers. Please helpIs there a home remedy for a hurt fingernail?
There are only a few I know of that can help with something like that. One is to cover the finger nails with something like a band-aid (there are a few that are designed for the finger tips) to let them heal (and maybe to help you from biting them if you want that as well). Another is to take a pain reliever, but those don't tend to help for physical injuries like that, so I doubt it would help in that situation.


You could try soaking your finger in cold Aloe Vera if it's not an open wound... Aloe helps to soothe any tissue it touches, so it would help to soothe and heal it, plus the cold temperature can help numb it. If you have any Vitamin E oil, that could help heal it up a bit, too.


I used to bite my fingernails, too... I didn't know about these back then, but there were a few times I really wish I did.


Good luck and I hope I helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment