Saturday, August 21, 2010

I was born with small, ugly-shaped fingernails. Is there a permanent way of changing my fingernail shape?

I think the main problem is the skin on my fingers grow too far up and covers most of the the nail. I don't have that 'halfmoon' look, that most people have. If i soften the cuticle and pull it down i can see the halfmoon, but it's very far down under the skin. I did try cutting the skin back once but it wasn't a good idea and left my fingers very sore. Even then, i still couldn't cut it down to the halfmoon. I don't want fake nails, besides my natural nails are probably are too small for the fake ones to fix onto. What can i do? I am so self-conscious of them. I just want normal looking nails!I was born with small, ugly-shaped fingernails. Is there a permanent way of changing my fingernail shape?
basically your cuticles are obviously very overgrown, you will need to have a FULL manicure every couple of weeks to get them softened, pushed back and cut off the excess skin until they start looking neater. then you will need to have one every 4-6 weeks just to keep them tidy and stop them from overgrowing again. some peoples cuticles grow exceptionally fast whereas others dont really grow at all. they just need some TLC, then your problem will be sorted!


oh, and dont try doing it yourself!, if you dont know what youre doing you may end up damaging them further! its always best to go to a professional, after all thats what we trained for!I was born with small, ugly-shaped fingernails. Is there a permanent way of changing my fingernail shape?
I dont think the problem is your nails hun, even though you dont like them, you are being too self concious, and in a word, a little vain. You surely must have bigger problems, like your self esteem maybe? Is a whole long question on your nails really necessary??
honestly i have the same problem and am just waiting for my nailvarnish to dry after in-filling my acylic nails - doesn't do my nails good to wear them all the time but i love the way they look compared to my natural nails. i have to buy extra small nail tips but it's not a big deal. i massage cuticle oil into my nails every day whether i am wearing acylics or not - seems to help. i think that my natural nails looked at their best when i was buffing them twice a week. sorry you have similar problem hunny but nice to know i'm not alone xx
Everybody's nails are different. You say you don't have the halfmoon (lanule) and you make it sound like it's a problem.


If you look at various people's fingernails, you'll notice that not everybody has this halfmoon and you can have gorgeous nails without it.


My advice is to manicure your nails regularly to make the most of what you have. You can buy a cuticle cutter, it's a little instrument designed specifically to cut the overgrown cuticle without actually butchering your nails (you should never use scissors, nail cutters or anything else that is not designed for that purpose). It's a very handy tool but it must still be used with caution as you can cut too much skin with it. Get some cuticle oil (it really helps) and one of these buffers that manucurists use (the ones that have several sides, used to even the nail, buff it, shine it etc)...


Also, have a look at this link, it may put your mind at ease when it comes to your lanulae: http://www.sdreader.com/php/ma_show.php?id=1009
If it is really bothering you go see a doctor and emphasise how it is affecting your life, if you can convince him he'll get them seen to.
get fake nails
  • detox cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment