Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is it safe to put a contact in the day after scraping my eyeball with my fingernail while taking it out?

It is a minor scrape but my eye is still a little red this morning.Is it safe to put a contact in the day after scraping my eyeball with my fingernail while taking it out?
Corneal abrasions tend to heal very quickly, but that's pushing it a bit too much. Take a couple of days off. There's no sense in begging for the pseudomonas to grow.Is it safe to put a contact in the day after scraping my eyeball with my fingernail while taking it out?
no
absolutely not!!! you could have a corneal abrasion which really should be looked at by a physician and treated. if it's red you may need antibiotics and definately not be using your contacts as this may lead to further infection and compromise of your vision. please either see your doctor or go to the ER asap.
I would wait one more day just to give your eye time to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment