Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Gouge out of my fingernail, what can I do, painful?

I was cleaning an apartment yesterday and was scrubbing some paint off the bottom of the patio door and my fingernail caught on a staple that was in the carpet. It took a piece of my nail out in the middle of my fingernail. It's painful and hurts to put any pressure on it. Even to type. Is there anything I can do or put on it to make it less painful?Gouge out of my fingernail, what can I do, painful?
Try putting the neosporin + pain relief on it. It contains lidocane which will help numb it and the neosporin will help keep it clean. I'd also put a bandaid on it while you put the neosporin on it so that it doesn't come off right away.Gouge out of my fingernail, what can I do, painful?
I'd use an antibiotic ointment, and then apply a band-aid to keep even pressure on the nail. But not so tight that your circulation is compromised. If you notice that the finger or nail is getting swollen or hot to the touch or the skin around the nail is becoming redder, it could be signs of an infection, and should be looked at by a doctor in case you need oral antibiotics.
I agree with the neosorin with pain relief. Also you could stick your finger in ice to numb it.

No comments:

Post a Comment