Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do I get the fingernail ';scrapes'; off that are around my doorhandles on my clearcoated white car?

Clearcoat fingernail scrapemarks around door handlesHow do I get the fingernail ';scrapes'; off that are around my doorhandles on my clearcoated white car?
The best thing I have found to get off scratches like that is cheap toothpaste. It is slightly abrasive but not too severe and you just polish it on with a clean cloth. As a bonus, it gives the car a minty , clean scent too.How do I get the fingernail ';scrapes'; off that are around my doorhandles on my clearcoated white car?
Get the, ( so called ) colored match,rubbing compound, and just follow the instructions.
I agree with the clay bar. They do work great.
Polish it with a good polishing compound then trim your nails
Turtle Wax rubbing compound.


Meguiars Clear Coat Scratch Remover.





Followup with a good protective wax.
There is a clear coat spray that you could use (sparingly).





You will need to mask off the area (about a foot) around the scratch area and spray ever so lightly.





Before you do the car test your spraying ability on a scrap piece of cardboard or metal. If you spray too much at one time you could develop drips. Better to wait a couple of minutes and do a light spray again.
i would use a clay bar...they work wonders!

No comments:

Post a Comment