Saturday, August 21, 2010

I found a small frog it is about the size of a fingernail! I have more to say so click here!?

Hi! I found a frog about the size of a fingernail! Can someone please give me info on hw to take care of it like food, shelter ect. Please answer both of my question when you answer. Please!I found a small frog it is about the size of a fingernail! I have more to say so click here!?
Frogs that size will eat flightless fruit flies. They are available at most pet stores. Eventually you can upgrade to feeding him pinhead crickets.


As for shelter, a five gallon tank will do for now, but once he grows larger he will need at least a ten gallon. A ten gallon tank at Petsmart costs about twelve dollars. These tanks should have screen tops to allow for good ventilation. The lights can also be set on top of the lid. Good frog lights are the exo terra night-glo and the exo-terra day-glo. A good fixture for these lights is the Arizona hot lamp because it has an adjustable knob, making it easier to find the perfect temperature. To make sure that your frog's temperature is comfortable, also invest in a thermometer. Coconut fiber bedding works well for frogs, and is found at Petsmart at a good price. Keep your frog moist by sraying him daily with a spray bottle.


Good Luck.I found a small frog it is about the size of a fingernail! I have more to say so click here!?
Well, if you want to take care of it, I'd get a container, like a tank. You don't really need a big one since it is so small. They like green stuff, go out side and gather some leaves and branches and stuff.


Put dirt on the floor of the container.


For Food, I don't know what to feed something that small. Maybe get some worms and chop it up in tiny pieces.


I think there are also special food that you could get a Petco and stuff.


Keep the tank damp. Maybe try to make a little pool or pond in one edge, with twigs and stuff going out of the water to the edge of the tank so the frog can get up above the water. But yeah keep one half of the tank dry, but the dry side still needs to be damp.
Ok put it back u dont know what sort of frog it is (terrestrial semi aquatic aquatic or tree) so u dont know what kind of care it needs some species of frog can live up to 20 years but my guess it this one has a week 2 at best since well over 50% of wild caught frogs die withing the first month many other die due to stress and bad living conditions





u want a frog do your research then get one from the pet store
im not positive how to take care of a frog..





But..


Im guessing you can get one of those cages like a snake cage and get some kindof soil and plant grass in it and set it by a window and make sure the sun get to it and stuff like that and then catch flys or something and get like a tiny bowl of water....?








i dont know if thats right though.








%26gt;.%26lt;


sorry,if its not helpful





%26lt;33missy.[=
You cant take care of it. It will die because it wasnt born in captivity so it doesnt know how to deal with it and the stress alone and fear of being locked up will scare it to death. I tried when I was a little kid to take in baby frogs all the time and they always died. You should just respect it and let it go free.





edit: I bet I am getting thumbs down, but I want you to extend this question so people can continue answering for another 5 days or whatever. Come back and let us know how he is doing in a week from now, I bet he will be dead.
if you have a tank, put it in that, if not, a large box or toat. you can feed it insects, like crickets. but you might wanna let it back in the wild..it could have parasites.
Go to the pet store. By a small tank and frog pellets. The tank should have dry space and wet space, since frogs are amphibious.
I think it's too small to make a good pet. Find a bigger one.
go ask your pet store


good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment